New Mexico Counseling Services
Odyssey Counseling is staffed by experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to help you find the right help for your situation. Mental health and wellness takes time, and we make sure you are matched with the right counselor to best help you.
"Rise Up" IOP
Rise Up is a unique, all womens' program designed to help women get and stay sober/clean. There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to RISE! Even stronger are women who Rise Up together gaining strength through solidarity, sobriety, and trauma recovery. We offer the following and more:
- State Approved Intensive Outpatient Program
- 12 Week Program - With option to extend
- Aftercare Program Available
- All Womens’ Substance Abuse and Trauma Recovery
- Holistic Program Integration ~ Yoga, Meditation, Natural Stress Reduction, EMDR
- Family and Significant Other Program
- Matrix Model
- Somatic Therapy
- Empowerment Mentor and Peer Program
- Individual, Family, Couples, Children
Call us today to set up an appointment with one of our licensed therapists @ 505-315-7397.
Through our sister company, Shifting Perspectives Training Institute, we also offer training, courses, and workshops!
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
EMDR is a phenomenal therapeutic modality that integrates mind, body, and emotions into its protocol. Often touted for its usage to help address and resolve trauma, EMDR can be beneficial for a myriad of problems like anxiety (inc. social anxiety), depression, stage fright, performance anxiety, phobias, anger issues, grief/loss, shame and self-esteem and so much more...
In a recent article by the organization EMDRIA Celebs including Sandra Bullock, Russel Brand, Jameela Jamil, and Paris Jackson have all found great benefit in having EMDR done. EMDRIA is an organization created by the founder of EMDR Dr. Francine Shapiro. Take a look at the following link for more details - https://www.emdria.org/blog/emdr-therapy-gains-celebrity-exposure/
The Benefits of EMDR
- Improvement in Mental Health.
- Helps reduce or eliminate symptoms of anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
- Helpful for grief/loss.
- Can remove the blocks that cause performance anxiety.
- Enhances creativity.
- Amplifies and speeds up healing that leads to success!
- Trauma response reduction.
- Desensitization of stimuli that cause phobias.
- Assist with reducing or eliminating the impact of mental, physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse.
- Often produces clarity of issues and results with problem resolution.
- Can be done without saying a word during the treatment often with amazing results.
- Quick results!
Mary F. Baca, CWK, CCTP, RMT, LPCC is a Certified Trauma Professional who has been assisting individuals to resolve their trauma for 33+ years and utilizing EMDR for over 23 years having received advanced training in this area of expertise. Over the years as a trauma specialist, Mary has assisted:
- First responders and trauma based career professionals such as police, fire, emergency communicators, EMS, Child Protection Workers, Office of the Medical Investigator, Attorneys working traumatic cases.
- Body Builders and Fitness Competitors.
- People in the Performing Arts.
- Professionals needing to work on increasing self-esteem and performance enhancement.
- Individuals needing assistance for mental health.
- AND MORE!
CALL TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY @ 505-315-7397!
We Offer Help
Our counselors can help you get your life back on track. Whether you are going through the grief that accompanies loss, dealing with a traumatic experience, or need help with anxiety, depression, or self-esteem, our team can provide the right help to put you back in the right place. If you are preparing for surgery, we also provide pre-surgical preparation and post-operative recovery support.