Due to the Coronavirus outbreak as well as it being the flu season, Odyssey Counseling will be taking the following precautions and recommendations as suggested by the CDC and public health officials:
- DO NOT come to the office if you have ANY signs of illness i.e. cough, runny nose, etc.
- Therapy sessions can be done via phone.
- Wash your hands often.
- Use hand sanitizers. It is recommended that a hand moisturizer be applied throughout the day to prevent skin drying and cracking which may allow bacteria and viruses to get into the skin.
- If you have come in contact with someone that is ill, you may wish to have your session via phone.
- Staff will be wiping door handles and hard surfaces with anti-septic wipes.
- As stock allows, we will provide hand sanitizers for use by our staff and our clients.
- During face to face sessions, if you feel the need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose. Use tissues, do not touch your face or other surfaces. Kleenex will be provided for your use.
The Coronavirus is VERY contagious and can be unknown to you for up to 7 days before showing signs of infection. Additionally, once infected the virus can remain in the body for over 30 days.
If you believe you are ill, limit exposer to others until after the 30-day period.
Per medical officials DO NOT visit an emergency room unless you are having a true medical emergency so as not to be exposed to potentially other infected patients. Instead, contact your doctor for further instructions.
Lastly, DONíT PANIC!!!
Practicing basic common sense sanitary precautions is, for now, the best way to reduce your chance of viral infection.
Thank you for your assistance in preventing virus transmissions.
Odyssey Counseling, LLC