- Learn the DSM 5 Criteria for PTSD AND Acute Stress Disorders.
- Examine the continuum of symptomology and how to determine where your clients are in the spectrum.
- Learn techniques to help individuals cope.
- Explore your reactions to trauma as a “helping” professional.
- Learning Examine why self-care is important when working with trauma.
PTSD is an extensive topic that can be approached from a variety of directions. As mental health professionals one can never assume that practitioners are even aware of the basic criteria that are listed in the DSM V. Clients do many things to deal or not deal with PTSD such as distract, avoid, compartmentalize which can cause an illusion in therapy. Discussion about therapist reactions and self-care are also discussed.
CEUS Awarded: 3 Hours